Pokéball Cookies [x]
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) in a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Put aside.
- Separately, using a mixer or beater, cream butter and sugars.
- Add 1 egg and vanilla. Continue mixing.
- Gradually add dry ingredients in mixer until the dough is an even consistency.
- Divide dough in half. One half will be left uncoloured, the second half will be dyed red. Use plenty of food colouring. (We don’t want to end up with pink pokéballs, do we?)
- Wrap each half of the dough in plastic wrap and leave to cool in fridge for 1 hour.
- Once firm, roll both halves into logs. Put in freezer for ½ hour.
- Placing cylinder upright, cut directly down the center. Separate the yolk from the other egg. With an egg wash (2 tbsp. water and the egg white) lightly coat the cut edges of the half cylinders. Stick together one red half with one white half. Wrap again and place in freezer for another ½ hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lay cylinders on a cutting board and cut into disks. Once sliced, use a round circle cookie cutter to make sure cookies will be perfectly round.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Let cookies cool before decorating. With black icing (or chocolate, as I used), draw a line between the red and white sides of the cookies. Make a big dot in the center. Place a half of a mini marshmallow on the dot of icing and push down so it’s visible around the edges.
- Now go catch ‘em, all!
my relationship status is private and i'd appreciate if i didn't get relationship related asks please!
current wip: sasuke and kaworu
(lucky charms giveaway over!!! winner: edens-blog)